Today was McClellan's two month well baby check and stats round up!
Weight 11.5 lbs
Height 22.5" (our little girl wasn't cooperating with stretching out so who knows)
Head: 38 cm
We got rave reviews all around on our little girl-she's right on track with her growth and the Dr. was really impressed with her strength and head control. We had our proud parent moment when she told us that some of her development they wouldn't expect to see until the 4 month appointment!! McClellan has abs of steel, very much unlike me, and preformed her little "crunches" for the Dr showing off her strength and muscle development. Go McClellan Go!!
I talked to the Dr about our/my continued breast feeding supply issues and how it's frustrating (yes I know that isn't helping) and was looking for some insight. Basically she assured me that what we are doing is "totally working" as McClellan is growing right on track and "perfect"-love it when a Dr calls your kiddo perfect!
As for the shots-McClellan was a real trooper. They didn't have either of us hold her down which I was grateful for. She got one oral "shot" and three "regular" shots in her legs-two in one and one in the other. She let out a heartbreaking little "whelp" and cried for about a minute and that was it! I'm telling you, she was a rock star!
I on the other hand had a little breakdown in the Dr's Office. The subject of me returning to work came up when we discussed my breast feeding supply, or lack there of...I'm worried that if I'm pumping now and only getting 1/3 of an ounce (on one side) when things are really bad what is it going to be like when I go back? Then of course there is the issue of me going back to work all together-that's when I started crying.
Growing up I went to daycare-I turned out alright...I think. It's not daycare, it's not that so much as it is I'm going to miss the heck out of this little girl. It's that someone else is going to see her gummy grins and hear her little giggle, listen to her coo and jabber away, get to cuddle her, and spend more time with her than I'll get to. I waited a long time to have her and the thought of handing her over to someone else for 8 1/2 hours a day kills me.
Yep...that's when I lost it.
No comments:
Post a Comment