Sunday, April 3, 2011

11 months old

11 months old and a post dedicated completely to today!! Matt was skiing with the boys today so McClellan and I had a perfect chance to get in a Mother-Daughter day. Here's is this month's shot ... wanna guess how many "out takes" there are this month? Needless to say McClellan is just as stubborn as I am so taking direction isn't really one of her favorite things. She decided that she would grab a book and read to Charlie. Even though this really didn't fit into my "perfect monthly photo" plan, it actually turned out perfect! This is one of her favorite books so it was only fitting that she grab this one and "read" it to Charlie. She loves pointing out the ladybugs and "counting" them on each page. And sometimes, in the midst of McClellan not following directions, really amazing things happen...like this. I got all choked up when I saw this one in the back of the camera and then again when I downloaded it.
For her "birthday breakfast" I made her a breakfast quesadilla inspired by one of my favorite websites http://weelicious.com/2010/11/29/mexican-egg-cheese-quesadilla/





McClellan took a close look...




and then chowed down. Eating 3/4 of the thing!! It was a soft taco size but pretty full and she went to town! I love that she is such a healthy eater and I love that she has, so far, not turned her nose up to anything.




Afterwards while I was cleaning the kitchen McClellan put on a little concert for me-singing and drumming her way around the kitchen.




And then singing turned into squealing.




Eventually the sunny day turned into a snowy day. McClellan decided to get a closer look at the patio door. She tried to catch snowflakes on her tongue through the glass...and I got no cleaning done because watching her and experiencing the world through her eyes was so much more fun.




How could I clean and miss this?




Looking up trying to watch the snowflakes fall...




Eventually all the fun had to stop and we had to head to my office for awhile. I was sick, seriously sick on Friday with a horrible 24-hour flu, so I had to run in and get an idea of where things stood before walking in there tomorrow. Not my idea of a fun way to spend the day, but when McClellan's around there's always fun to be had!


While I was on the phone with one of the Sergeant's who is testifying for us this week McClellan decided that the buttons on the phone looked like they'd be fun to push...so she did. She found every pen, every piece of paper, every paper clip, every.single.thing. on my desk and "played" with it. So about every other word of my conversation with this Sergeant was interrupted with something like "No. No thank you. Please give that to me..." It was funny, at least to me!


I love how in this picture she looks so serious and so all about business. Maybe I should put her in charge of some of my more difficult cases? With that look maybe she could get witnesses to return their waiver cards and defendants to plead straight up? HA!




After we got home McClellan was ready to crash after delaying her nap for quite a while...so she took a 2 + hour nap while I did some cleaning and cooking.


For dinner McClellan decided to play the "I Spy" game..."I spy asparagus on McClellan's head"...can you find it?

The perfect day with my girl is exactly what it was. I don't get enough of these days so when I do, I soak up every single second.


Happy 11 month birthday McClellan - Thank You for an amazing day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment