Saturday, May 1, 2010

My new favorite salad-soooo YUMMY!

My mom got us a subscription to Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking magazine a few years ago-I pulled the spring issues out the other day and decided to try some of the recipes.

Tonight we made "Blackberry Spinach Salad" - it's amazing! The only thing wrong with it is that it's almost gone! Matt and I are going to fight over who gets what little there is left tomorrow for lunch...soo...soo...soo...sooo...darn good!

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Blackberry-Spinach-Salad

You must try it ... if blackberries are in season then this salad is likely to show up at pot lucks if I'm there. SO...to all my East Side girls, sorry, you can't steal this one for the May cooking club. It's easy and if I'm able to come I'll likely be bringing this! ; )

We have homemade blue cheese/onion stuffed burgers on the grill, homemade oven fries cooking and some asparagus roasting as well-YUM!

We love cooking together and trying out new recipes-maybe one day I'll get brave and take photos of what we cook. Maybe...

3 comments:

  1. yum...looks good. I'll have to try that out. wish i lived closer so i could come over for dinner, although i think if i lived closer i should be cooking for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try this! I make one similar, a little simple too. Use the spinach leaves, strawberries and either walnuts, pecans, or sliced almonds, (or all of them hee hee) feta and then top with Ken's light raspberry walnut vinaigrette. YUMMO :)

    ReplyDelete