Saturday, June 5, 2010

1st Farmers Market Trip of the Season!



And so we sported some tie dye for the occasion!
There wasn't much selection of Colorado produce yet and what was there was greenhouse grown but we picked a few things up. I think we enjoyed walking around more than anything-the weather was perfect and it felt so good to be outside!!
We signed up for a CSA (http://www.grantfarms.com/home.php)
this year, thanks to my friend Mary, and we have our own garden planted as well. Our first delivery for our CSA will be June 16th-I can't wait!! I'm really craving veggies right now...fresh, clean food!
Mary gave us her share a couple of times last year when she and her husband Paul were going to be out of town-that was the best advertisement ever! We loved it and it forced us to try some things that we wouldn't normally eat-collard greens and kale for example. The recipes we found for these things were amazing!!
This year we'll be using some of the share for baby food too-how great is that??
So, get ready for some produce photos and recipe sharing...can't wait!!





















No comments:

Post a Comment