This recipe is all over the internet with some people singing it's praises for increasing their supply and others saying it made no difference. At this point I'm trying anything. I'm not freaking out though, if this doesn't work for me then it doesn't work. I can only do what I can do and some breast milk is better than none...and at least I'm trying.
So I made a batch of the famous Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies-easy to make after finding brewers yeast (one of the magic ingredients that supposed to bump up your breast milk supply). WOW ... they are soooo good! If they don't do anything to increase my supply they will certainly increase my waist line!!
Here's the recipe:
http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Oatmeal-Chocolate-Chip-Lactation-Cookies-by-Noel-Trujillo-192346
http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Oatmeal-Chocolate-Chip-Lactation-Cookies-by-Noel-Trujillo-192346
As for the prescription-I'm now on Reglan, prescribed by my OB-GYN: http://www.breastfeeding.org/articles/reglan.html
Not so excited about the possible drowsiness that it may/can/probably will cause-what new mother needs to be more drowsy than they already are? BUT...again, with only 8-ish weeks left on maternity leave and only 4 oz of breast milk in the freezer-gotta try it all.
I wonder how many of these things it takes to boost your supply? As many as I've already eaten...I could be "overflowing" before long! : )
No comments:
Post a Comment