Friday, July 23, 2010

McClellan's first concert!!




Those of you that know us know that music is a HUGE deal in our household. I've always loved music but Matt lives and breathes music.


Tonight we took McClellan up to Southlands for a picnic dinner and outdoor concert. It was the perfect night to be outside listening to 80's tunes! The band was called "New Sensation", not exactly Matt's style but I loved the Journey covers they played!!


McClellan loved dancing around with me, luckily she's WAY to young to be embarrassed by that, and watching all the people in the crowd.


Tonight was just what I needed. I've been in a "bit" (who am I kidding) of a funk this week and honestly have barely left the house. Getting out of the house with Matt, Maddie and McClellan was exactly what I needed. We had a great time at the concert and then walked around the mall area afterwards-ending up at Maroon Bells for their yummy homemade ice cream! Maddie even found a pond on the edge of the mall area and took a quick swim.

After tonight, I see many more Friday night concerts in our future!! There's a Police cover band coming next month-I'm totally there!!


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time. I thought the 80's cover band was in a few weeks...guess I should check the schedule more often. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good time and good timing for you :) LOVE the pic of you two! I THINK your going back to work this week, good luck with it and as I am sure it might be difficult at first, hopefully it'll get easier for you.

    Much love from KS!

    ReplyDelete