Labor Day typically marks the end of summer. We decided to take in one last day at the outdoor pool. McClellan maintained her Olympic swimmer reputation; jumping right in, blowing bubbles, going under water on her own and "swimming" back up to the top again. I swear this kid was a fish in her past life!
All good things must come to an end, including summers spent at the pool. So we said goodbye to the outdoor pool, until next summer, and headed home to make dinner.

McClellan decided to join me outside while I was shucking our corn. She climbed in her wagon and started "helping" me.

But what that really meant was she decided to start eating the shucked corn ... raw.

Her face was a complete mess and she kept eating, and eating, and eating.

And at dinner, she still hadn't had enough ... so she ate more, a lot more.

After dinner we had the homemade blueberry/peach popsicles I made yesterday. We used some of the peaches we got in our CSA box and some blueberries we picked up at the market. This was my first time making these and I only wish I'd tried this sooner-YUM!

Maddie got in on the action too, taste testing the drips and puddles but McClellan held on tight to her popsicle not willing to share licks, thankfully.

Thankfully I had thought ahead and removed her shirt. Sadly I chose, wrongly, not to remove her pants.

She finished almost the entire thing on her own!

And...this picture says it all. Mom's homemade popsicles were a HUGE, messy, hit!

Goodbye summer ... thanks for all the good memories. We look forward to seeing you again next year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment