Thursday, November 5, 2009

Pregnancy & Produce: Week 15

Ladies and gentlemen...we now have an Apple!!

Here's what http://www.babycenter.com/ has to say about our baby's growth this week:

"How your baby's growing:Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.") "

As for me and how I'm feeling:
I really can't complain. I haven't been sick at all-moments where I thought I might but haven't actually thrown up-WOO HOO!! :::knocking on wood::: Seems like the key for me is to make sure I eat in the morning...otherwise it could get messy! Blech!!

As for my clothes-they are definitely starting to get tighter. Pants that I wore last week are no longer an option. I think it's time to start looking for some maternity clothes. Not sure I'm looking forward to that...clothes aren't my thing and finding clothes that fit without being pregnant is tough enough.

I'm SOOOO glad that Matt is back home. That was the longest he's ever been away-6 days and it wasn't fun.

I cheered myself up one day with some shopping-went into Baby Gap for fun and walked out with some great deals all for under $12 total! A cute little Halloween onesie for next year, a green onesie that says "How cute am I?" and a brown corduroy hat with those flaps that snap down-SOOOO cute! AND...I got a maternity shirt for me too-all for under $12!!

No comments:

Post a Comment