Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pregnancy & Produce - Wk 14


In this week's editiion of Pregnancy and Produce...

We now have a lemon!! Our update this week from www.babycenter.com says:

"This week's big developments: Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him — a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb.In other news: Your baby's stretching out. From head to bottom, he measures 3 1/2 inches — about the size of a lemon — and he weighs 1 1/2 ounces. His body's growing faster than his head, which now sits upon a more distinct neck. By the end of this week, his arms will have grown to a length that's in proportion to the rest of his body. (His legs still have some lengthening to do.) He's starting to develop an ultra-fine, downy covering of hair, called lanugo, all over his body. Your baby's liver starts making bile this week — a sign that it's doing its job right — and his spleen starts helping in the production of red blood cells. Though you can't feel his tiny punches and kicks yet, your little pugilist's hands and feet (which now measure about 1/2 inch long) are more flexible and active."

WOW!! I'm sure our little lemon is frowning right now-Matt left last night for his "last hurrah" before baby and headed to Indio, California for Festival 8-a three day Phish festival. I'm frowning too-we all miss him!!
As for me I'm feeling great, but worry if I say that too many times I'll jinx myself! My clothes are still fitting and it seems like I'm out of the sleepy all the time phase-very thankful for both of those things!
I found myself talking to our baby yesterday...a semi cut me off on the highway and we're in the middle of a HUGE snow storm and needless to say I said some words, some not very nice words. I found myself, after recovering, talking to our little lemon (although yesterday I was calling him/her our peach) and apologizing for raising my voice and using some colorful language. When I caught myself...I just laughed and smiled...I am sooo darn excited about this baby!!
~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment