Thursday, December 10, 2009

Introducing ...



Our little wiggle worm!! The Super-Sonic Ultrasound went amazingly today!! Needless to say we were pretty impressed watching out little one for over an hour today!

We went through two thorough head to toe "exams" and both times our little one got rave reviews! The Dr. was great and made lots of positive comments using words like "great, fantastic, wonderful & perfect"-which of course put our minds at ease and made us enjoy the appointment that much more!

There was one issue that the Dr. had-I believe his words were, "You guys are going to have your hands full-your baby isn't cooperating at all!" Getting the second round of heart pictures and scans was a bit difficult-our baby kept playing games and either turning around or putting a hand in the way-it actually got pretty funny at times. Even the Dr. was chuckling-I swear this little one was doing it all on purpose!

At the end of the appointment the Dr. talked to us about potential issues and the risk factors as with my age being considered. I'll be 36 years old when our Wiggle Worm is born and according to the experts that puts my risk for Downs Syndrome at 1/210. Based on the fact that the Dr. fond NO "markers" today with the comprehensive ultrasound, he lowereed our risk factor to 1/420. So yes...that definitely put our minds at ease. There is still no definite or guarantee on anything, but we feel really good about things after today's appointment.

OH...and in case you were among the doubters...We remain TEAM GREEN!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like my future neice or nephew is going to be pretty good looking! What a great photo of the baby! I am looking forward to seeing all of you at Christmas and can't wait to meet the little one soon. Thanks for sharing with us! Love Auntie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad and I have looked at the pictures and I agree with Maegan he or she will be darling! Can already see her or him in Jayhawk gear!

    ReplyDelete