The baby moves all the time now-as I'm sitting here typing this little green bean is kicking away. I can't believe how strong these kicks/punches are now...I can feel them "on the outside" now.
This past week at work was pretty rough, really, really rough. The thing that kept me going was putting my hand on my stomach and feeling this little one...it made all the rough spots seem not so rough.
The crib arrived last week and we went and picked it up-whee!! Of course we're still not anywhere near getting that room cleared out and so for now the crib is in the basement. The dresser should be here soon too.
We also started our registry-that was overwhelming. We're really kind of minimalists so we don't want just a bunch of "cool stuff" that takes up space and serves no purpose. The real issue was we really have no idea what the difference between the two is! HA! Thankfully we have great friends who've been there done that...so they've been a HUGE help!
Matt and I have joked that the one good thing about doing this when you're "older" is that so many of our friends have had their children and are done. That means we're being very blessed with all kinds of things being given to us by our friends!
Last night our good friends Val & Jay gave us tons of blankets and towels that their son Logan has "outgrown" and they also gave us a baby carrier and their highchair!! How amazing is that?!?!?!
We definitely don't have an issue with used items-in fact it actually makes us feel better. I can't believe how many things are used for such a short period of time, and if we all bought them brand new, can you imagine all the waste? Blech! We've been to a couple of the MOPS and MOM's sales and have gotten some great deals-some of which still have tags on them!!
Ok, I've rambled enough and have tons to do. Matt's parents and brother are coming tomorrow for our belated Christmas celebration. We're looking forward to seeing them all!
Gotta run, the baby is currently using my bladder as a trampoline...you know what that means!!
Here's this week's update from http://www.babycenter.com/ :
"Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon."
Hope your bladder feels better! Sounds like you have an active little one there. That's good because you and Matt are both pretty active. I agree with you on the used items. Keeton's high chair I got at a garage sale and sold it at mine. I have passed on many things in the last eight years with him and can't wait to pass on a few this to your little on when the time comes. I hope that you have a wonderful day and enjoy your time with Matt's family tomorrow. Love you.
ReplyDeleteMaegan
This is so cool Melissa! Wish I had things to pass on to you but with Logan going to be 26 and Danielle 24 this year they would be outdated. Way outdated!!!! Can't wait to meet little "M".
ReplyDeleteDiane
YAY - how exciting! I can't wait to check out your registry - have fun today! Heather :-)
ReplyDelete