Where did the past 27 weeks go?? It seems like just yesterday it was August 16th and we were just finding out we were pregnant!! So much has happened since then-a scary first trimester with a lot of uncertainty followed by lots of Dr's appointments, ultrasounds, tests, etc...to now, getting ready to go pick out paint for the nursery. Everything is going great and we couldn't be happier or more excited!

This week our update from www.babycenter.com tells us:
"By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world."
As far as how I'm actually feeling and what's really going on with me...sleeping has become a bit more challenging, and that's putting it mildly. There's barely any room for Matt in the bed now-he's been pushed to the edge of the bed by tons of pillows! We've also had to switch sides of the bed-based on me needing to sleep more on my left side and needing all the pillows. Rolling over from one side to the other has become probably the biggest challenge-it's not easy, and it's sure as heck isn't pretty.
I do wake up now at night, but haven't needed to go to the bathroom-just waking up to wake up. Nice...great...helpful...NOT. I wake up, get back into my left-side sleeping position...and then go back to sleep until the next wake up, reposition shift.
This past week was another very busy week with doing trainings for another police department, requiring me to wake up at 4am and get home at 10:30pm...OH MY GOSH-what was I thinking? Did I mention this went on for 3 days? Yeah...brilliant, I know. Other than very sleepy...I am feeling pretty good.
We have 84 days to go before we reach the 40 week mark-OH MY GOSH!! We finally have the room that will become the nursery emptied, but that's about all the progress we've made. We'll be heading out today to go try and pick out paint colors and then hopefully getting started!
My Mom is coming out next weekend and I can't wait! Matt will be heading to Steamboat for skiing so while he's have a "boys weekend" with his brother and college buddies Mom and I will be here for a "girls weekend"-really looking forward to it. We're getting together with some of the women in Matt's family for a little "Mother / Daughter shower" in Longmont-that will be fun and I'm really looking forward to us all being together. Sadly my sister won't be able to make this trip but she'll be heading out in March for a week so I suppose I can wait until then to see her! : )
So much to do...this little one will be here before we know it!
Melissa
No comments:
Post a Comment