
"Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture."
Today I'm exhausted-Matt and I went to the Nuggets game last night and then I had an early meeting before work this morning. So, I'm kinda draggin' today, to put it mildly.
Our little Jayhawk moves so much these days-yes you read that right, this baby will be a Jayhawk, no question about it.
I joke with everyone that Matt and I had a pre-nup, and that we agreed that our children would be raised Jayhawk and Bronco, and I'm not, really, kidding. About the pre-nup-yes, the part about raising my child to be a Jayhawk-no. So despite the fact that Matt is a Colorado Buffs fan and I'm a Kansas City Chief's fan (you can laugh here, feel free-it's all about loyalty people) ...we've agreed that we each get a team, no confusing our kiddos with outfits from multiple NCAA schools or NFL teams.
So anyway, back to my/our little Jayhawk...pretty sure that this past week we had some kickboxing classes going on in there and the past couple of days maybe even a tumbling class. The most bizarre feeling is when the baby is rolling around or rolling over-or at least that's what I think is going on in there. It's hard to explain, but it's like a wave, inside you, that you can feel, and then it settles. I love it...whatever it is.
In other news, we signed up for our Birthing class at the hospital. We'll be taking a 4 week course-3 hours a week for 4 weeks. Please God don't let it totally be boring as it's at night after work...and please God don't let it freak me out as up until this point I've been totally calm and relaxed.
FAQ's: (Frequently Asked Questions for those acronym challenged folks)
"Are you getting an epidural or going natural"
-Good question! Here's what I know...I've never done this before so I have no idea what to expect, but I do hear that labor pains and pushing a baby is most of the time, a little painful, just a little. I also know that the thought of me losing all control, being forced to stay in a bed for hours on end makes me feel like I can't breathe just thinking about it. Drugs freak me out...Pain isn't something I'm a huge fan of...Trapped in a bed for hours on end terrifies me. So put that all together and the real answer is...I don't know yet. Pretty sure that I'll keep an open mind and at the very least try to go as long as possible without an epidural-that's the best I've got for now.
"If hospitals freak you out so much why aren't you going to a Birthing Center?"
~Ah, another good question. Having spent quite a bit of time in the hospital at my friends side as she passed away forced me to release some of my hospital anxiety. I'm not near as freaked by them as I used to be. As to why I'm choosing a hospital vs a birthing center-I need to make sure that everything and anything is available to both me and my baby the minute we need it. I am just not comfortable that I can have that assurance at a birthing center. If there was a birthing center attached to the hospital I'd be more than happy to deliver my child there, but since there's not...no thanks.
"Are you seriously going to cloth diaper?"
~Yep. That's the plan anyway. By all means I give myself permission to change my mind...at anytime. For now though, that's the plan. I watched a video a couple of years ago showing how long a single disposable diaper takes to break down and "disappear" in a landfill...freaked me out big time. I started thinking of how many diapers a new born goes through each day, picturing me digging a hole for each one of those in my backyard, and realized how many days it would take before my ENTIRE backyard was full...full of diapers that weren't going away anytime soon...as in not for years...and THAT was enough to freak me into looking into cloth diapering. Luckily I have great resources in friends that CD (cloth diaper) so I'm really hopeful that we can make this work-having Matt 100% on board really helps. Wish us luck!!
Ok...gotta run! That's all for now....stay tuned! : )
No comments:
Post a Comment