Yep...only 19 days until we reach our due date, seriously, not kidding.
We reached the 37 week mark this week making us officially "full term" now-whew! So basically what the statistics show is that if this little green bean were to come "now" their lungs would likely be mature enough and would adjust easily to "life on the outside."
So far no real signs of baby making an early appearance...so for now we wait, and wonder, and dream of the day this little one arrives.
In the mean time we've been really busy getting ready for this baby!
Last weekend we had tons going on!
Friday we took the day off to interview day care providers-what a totally emotional roller coaster. Friday was almost a complete disaster. We met with 5 different people and the day started with the first interview being with a day care provider that I didn't' realize I "knew." She answered the door and it was then when I saw her, I realized she was involved with one of my cases at work. I can't go too far into it of course but let's just say that she wasn't the most cooperative witnesses and definitely not the friendliest! I can't believed this happened-I was totally shocked and frankly freaked out. Needless to say-NOT AN OPTION.
We met with a few others that were also NOT AN OPTION before meeting with Erica-we both loved her, and of course she's the most expensive option. Really though, she's totally convenient, wiling to work with our hours, is really structured, her license is spotless with not a single complaint ever filed and we both left her home feeling like there was actually some hope...so while she's the most expensive, from what we saw just on that day, you get what you pay for!
No final decision yet but we are following up with her references and scheduling another meeting/interview so that we can meet with her full time assistant-keep your fingers crossed for us!!
We also installed, and then had inspected the car seat-so now I drive around with a car seat in my car and currently no baby to put in it. It feels a little odd, not going to lie, but at least we're ready!!
We also bought a new camera-a Nikon D3000! We're ready with a new camera and a video camera for tons of Kodak moments!
The nursery is all but finished now-just waiting on some wall art from Etsy to complete things. I gotta say, we did a pretty darn good job in there! I love going in there-it's so cheery and yet soothing all at the same time! We still need to find a small side table to put next to the rocker but other than that I think we're good to go-all we need now is our baby!
We continue to be amazed at the generosity of everyone-today a coworker brought in her practically new/hardly used bassinet for us!! We spent quite a bit of time this weekend working on Thank You notes, just writing them all out reminded us again of how lucky we are to have such great friends and family.
Speaking of family-we spent Easter without family this year, deciding to stay home and have a quiet weekend just the two of us. Matt's family is just up North in Longmont/Loveland, mine of course is back in Kansas. We called and talked to everyone and sent Easter wishes but our weekend with just the two of us was just what I needed. That will most likely be our last 3 day weekend before baby arrives-we needed this time for just us.
Wow...have I rambled on long enough?!?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment