And...I'm not in labor, my water hasn't broke, no mucus plug has been lost (sorry for the TMI), no contractions to speak of (just little ones that don't last), nada.
My due date was this past Saturday, April 24th - also my 36th birthday.
We celebrated both my birthday and my due date by going to dinner at Encore - can I just say YUM?!?!? You must go, must! That is if you're in the Denver area! http://www.encoreoncolfax.com/
I am picky...it takes a lot for me to give a restaurant an "A"...and this place got an A easily!
Can't wait to go back...my mouth is watering just thinking about it!
Ok, enough about that.
As for our Dr's apt last week...yep, you guessed it-no progress. I'm still only dilated about a 1/2 cm, my cervix is thinning out though, about 65% effaced. I talked to her about stripping my membranes, see: http://www.amazingpregnancy.com/pregnancy-articles/137.html
but since I have such a high cervix...she can't even reach it to do it.
SO...we go back again this Friday 4/30 and we'll see where we're at then.
We'll be a week over due at that point and I expect to hear serious talk of induction-and I won't really have much to argue about then.
Until then-I'm still working part time from home and part time from the office. It's nice, in that the office is letting me do this, but it's also a pain. I'll work through Thursday of this week and then I'll be done, regardless of what happens at our apt on Friday.
Am I ready? Sure...as ready as I can be not having ever done this before. But at this point, I'd really like our baby to wait until the end of the week if possible. I still have a ton of stuff to get done at the office before I can be gone for 14 weeks...
: )
No comments:
Post a Comment