Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Walking Beauties

Today we met Clare and Betsy at Hudson Gardens for a day of walking amongst the flowers and on the trails along the Platte River.

The weather was gorgeous, what I learned from Betsy, is also called a Blue Bird Day. This means sunny, blue skies and not a single cloud!

This apparently also means that you should apply sunscreen before walking 5 miles on a day like this...epic fail on my part. This ultimately means that I got sun burnt...and am now sporting a Farmers Burn, much like it's cousin Farmers Tan, only red, um...really red!

Anyway, our walk was great and the gardens were beautiful! ! I love that they have a veggie and herb garden-puts mine to shame. Flowers everywhere and pure nature surrounded us everywhere we went.

Look at this:


Our girls did great, sleeping about 99% of the time and of course 100% of the time being the cutie patooties that they always are!



It's days like this that make me so happy to be able to be home for most of the summer with McClellan. I can't believe that she's 6 weeks old now!! I only have 8 weeks left of my maternity leave...boo!

1 comment: