Sunday, April 11, 2010

Nursery Sneak Peak!!

So we're almost done-a few finishing touches still to complete but we're almost there!!



Today I thought we'd have the art on the wall ... as it turns out the frames we bought were the wrong size-BOO!



So the sneak peaks here will look a little "blah" with nothing on the walls-we'll get there, eventually just stay tuned!! : )


Here you go!!


~My mom bought us this the weekend we went home to Kansas to make our big announcement-we love it!





~the amazing quilt my sister designed and made for us-I love it!! Aunt Maegan you outdid yourself here!!


~Blank walls for now...art from Etsy to come-stay tuned!



~the closet full of stuff for the little green bean!! Matt painted and installed new closet doors for us-we still need to get new nobs for the doors.




~The valance isn't up yet but you can see the glider & ottoman-not sure we'll keep the ottoman, we don't really like it and it tends to get in the way, not to mention makes it hard for me to get out of the chair! We'll see ...





~Close-up of the tree mural we painted. Some of the leaves are cut out of wood an covered with fabric that Maegan used in the quilt & the eyes on the birds are colored buttons. I have to say, we're pretty darn proud of ourselves!!






~the best photo I could get of the "big picture" - I love sitting in here, feeling the baby move and dreaming of what it will be like when our baby is arrives and we can show them their room.



We're really happy with the way things turned out-it's been a ton of work and at times I wondered if we'd taken on too much-I have to say though, I'm so glad we stuck it out and kept with our plan. Matt and I did this together, for our baby...and I love that.

3 comments: