Today was my last day of work. I decided last night, after having two very long days in a row where I left in tears and had worked way more hours than I was supposed to, that I needed to be done.
So I went in today, called HR, then my boss and then sent a big email announcement "See you in August."
I worked for about 5 hours today...tied up as many projects as I could and then left.
I thought it would be emotional, but it wasn't.
The truth is, I'm done. I'm ready to move on to a much bigger project, a project that's personal and means the world to me.
So walking out the doors today wasn't hard at all.
I left my office and headed to the Dr's office for an ultrasound. Matt met me there and we got to see our little baby. Seeing the heartbeat still brings me to tears. Today the baby's heartbeat was 151 BPM-this little person has been so consistent, between 150-156 for the last several months. Baby looks great though and Missy, the ultrasound tech, says she saw nothing of concern-the amniotic fluid level is fine and the placenta still looks healthy.
Tomorrow we have an NST http://www.americanpregnancy.org/prenataltesting/non-stresstest.html and then we'll have an appointment with the Doctor after that. We'll be discussing induction I'm certain...and at 41 weeks pregnant I'm not sure I can argue. I still feel conflicted about this and don't at all want to be induced. Being induced, having all of those synthetic hormones, drugs, IV's, monitors all hooked up to me, running through my veins, obstructing my ability to move...just thinking about it, I feel like I can't breathe.
I have to release some of that though...because this may very well be what is in store for me in the next few days/week. If this is what's best for our baby ... then sign me up.
But hey Kiddo...it's time. Come on out, it's time. Trust me-you're gonna like it here. Your dad and I did a pretty darn good job on your room, if we do say so ourselves. We have lots of plans for you and can't wait to meet you-so come on, let's do this together and before the pump us full of drugs-ok?
Love,
Mom
Come on little baby, come out and meet your mama! Hang in there and hope this baby arrives soon. Hugs!
ReplyDelete